Skip to main content

 The above photo was taken this morning at 3:00 am. this morning . I could not sleep.


Maybe I am so excited to go on the Camino. Millions of pilgrims and non-pilgrims have traveled by foot on this trail. God has spoken in many ways and at many different times, about many different things. I am hopeful for God's abiding presence on the journey. I am leading the tour, so I hope that it doesn't take away from the experience, but it might. 

Change is always happening in our lives. What am I going to do after March 31, 2025 ? I have not planned anything yet. I trust it will be revealed to me. Our daughter Hannah has worked for Community Peacemaker Teams for over 10 years, and has told us she is taking on a new job in Amman.
Jared, our second oldest son, bought a different house in Winnipeg, in the old neighbourhood of Wolseley. What changes are you going through these days ? Hopefully you can sleep.

Climate Change, Nuclear Weapons, Middle East Wars, Artificial Intelligence, Poverty, and life and death might be keeping me up. I think of these things often. These are not recent concerns, but have been with the world for a while. I try to do something about these issues, but they continue to exist in our world. Lord have mercy on our world and us into the near and far future.

Or, I might have drank an extra cup of coffee in the mid-afternoon yesterday, and the caffeine was just too much. Caffeine seems to affect me differently with each kind of coffee that I consume. Or, God wanted me to see the full moon last night. I do not know.

From Voices Together number 1033:

  Living Christ , in these times,
        when we fear we are losing hope
             or feel that our efforts are futile,
        let us see in our hearts and minds
             the image of the resurrection,
       and let that be our source of courage and strength.
 With that, in your company ,
       help us face the challenges and struggles 
          against all that is born of injustice .
         Amen.                                        ----      Anonymous from the Philippines 20th Century

Fred

Doves weep the question 
"what is the answer today " ?
Peace, love, joy and hope.
                                 MPL 2024
                              






Comments